Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I have already tried writing Care Credit for a refund of interest payments incurred after the one year promotional period. I was under the impression that I would begin getting charged interest on any amount outstanding after this period, but instead they tacked on...
#822006

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau issued a consent order involving CareCredit in December, 2013. That consent order is in response to unfair and deceptive practices, and it covers CareCredit for 18 months from the December 2013 date.

See the consent order here: http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201312_cfpb_consent-order_ge-carecredit.pdf. File a complaint here: https://help.consumerfinance.gov/app/creditcard/ask. Note especially the "Prompt Complaint Resolution, Refunds, and Rescission" section of the consent order. Once you lodge a complaint with CareCredit, they cannot impose any fees or interest on the disputed balance, or send the account to collection.

Under the consent order, you have 60 months (5 years) to file the complaint, regardless of what CareCredit might claim. The consent order also states that consumers can file complaints via letter *or* over the telephone.

Loss

CareCredit review in San Francisco, California: Preditory!!!!

I went to a care credit dentist because I had a tooth ache and no dental insurance. The dentist referred me to a care credit specialist, an endodontist. Care credit approved the root canal work. After the root canal was done the doc told me to go back to the dentist for the crown(cap) that protects the remaining tooth. I went to the dentist for the cap and care credit refused the addition to my account. I went to another dentist and was told there wasn't enough tooth left to cap. I had several other opinions and all said the same thing. The tooth should have been removed which would have cost about 1500.00 less. I called GE/care credit they told me they do not stand behind their providers. If I have issue with provider contact him. Care credit and their providers are scammers. Avoid any business affiliated with care credit!! The don't care about anything but getting paid!
Eoghan

The CFPB issued fines against these "Crooks" in the millions they "Illegally" obtained from the customer. You might want to find out if you were one of them.

EBAY, Pay Pal, GE Capital Retail Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Money Bank & Synchrony Bank are trying to get a law passed banning "Class Action Law Suits". If you want to find out just how many laws these "EVIL CROOKS" have broken just go on the web. Do not put a complaint in with the BBB they only give good reviews for the companies who pay them. The companies that don't well they get "F's".

The BBB is not a government agency.

You can see actual documents uploaded on these reviews on this site.

If I were you I would go back & look at all my statements. I can almost guarantee you have been screwed out of money "Illegally". You can put in these 488834, 483913, 483025, 481983, 479336, 478478 ,520251, 572301.

All of these posts have documents where you can see just how "Crooked" they are & how they obtain there "Billions". You can also go to You Tube & type in ge capital retail pay pal & watch a short clip that I made. I will be making more clips to. If you can't view it then go to images & type the same thing & it will take you to the You Tube site where the clip is.

It is better the view the clip on your phone there are less stops in the clip just look for the "Green Snakes" it is an appropriate piece of art that fits these "Crooks" to a "T"! They get there math skills from the seventh planet in our solar system from the sun.

$1985

CareCredit review in San Francisco, California: Preditors!!! Beware!!!

We found care credit thru Pets Unlimited! Their estimate was $3000.00 which we could not afford. No worries says the vet. We have care credit available. We were immediately approved and the vet came back two hours later and told us our dog should be put down. After exhausting our credit limit we lost the dog and were stuck with a 3000.00 bill. They do offer no interest terms if paid within 12 months. I feel pets unlimited and care credit are involved in a conspiracy to scam customers at their most vulnerable times. Avoid any business affiliated with care credit
#920168

that sounds like a problem with pets unlimited. Care credit only charges what the store asks for.

You got ripped off by the pet place not care credit. call care credit and tell them about it

Why should CareCredit be out $3,000? You signed the paperwork.

You agreed to the vets services. You owe CareCredit $3,000.

I'd pay it before the promotional finance period is up, or you'll owe wayyyy more than $3,000. Like $3,600 or more.

Your an ***. You can't expect a refund for services rendered because the outcome was unfortunate.

Care Credit and your vet are not to blame.

You are. Should have put the pet down.

View more comments (2)

CareCredit review: Care credit

I was told by Care credit,, which is owned by GE credit,, to call after Jan 2014, regarding the law suit that care credit has to pay for their law suit that they lost,, for 8 million.they told me when I callef back in Jan 2014,, that they didnt know anything about a law suit,, where is my paper work to sent in....Care Credit,,, never recieved it,,, and no one there or a GE CREDIT kmows about a law suit, settlement for them to pay people who had Care Credit accounts..I wish more people be aware of this ,,,,,

I used care credit 6000 for sons dental been paying 250 to 500 month fog two hrs and now owe 7000 how do I file against them

Review

CareCredit review in Vero Beach, Florida: Being charged for services not performed or bought

My daughter needed a crown. The dentist wanted it paided for before work was done. No where else to turn but to use this predatory care credit card. We had talked about braces also but declined. The whole amount was billed us. Later the dentist office was able to remove braces but it had no effect on the monthly payments I never agreed upon. But I still managed to send half of that every month until they stopped sending me a bill. I have tried talking to these people several times but no results. Guess they could understand English or maybe they are just evil. I didn't hear anything from them for over a year. Than a week after the CAPE ordered care credit to refund 34.1 million for deceptive health care credit enrollment I get a new demand for payment.
Nicole

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 012314_pc_VeroBeach**

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

GE Capital

Review
#472000 Review #472000 is a subjective opinion of poster.

CareCredit review in Bartlett, Illinois: How They Apply Payments

Apparantly Carecredit can apply your payments as they wish. Even though they offer interest free purchases, they apply payments incorrectly (not applying to the oldest first) so you then have to pay interest. It's decitful and when I called to tell them as much they told me that once I make my payment I could call them to instruct them how to apply it, which is insane! Just apply the payment to the oldest purchase first! Then they charged me an additional $5 fee to manually change the application of the payment. I called back to complain about the additional $5 fee and spoke to a supervisor who couldn't care less about customer service and basically told me I didn't know how to read my bill. It said I had a new purchase of $5 listed as pymt adj-promo correct kettering OH. He was trying to tell me that it wasn't a fee but it clearly shows on my statement as a fee. They are by far one of the WORST companies to do business with!!!!!!

I have had nothing but problems with this credit card! I have 3 dogs and a cat and wanted a card strictly for vet costs.

I got this card when one of my dogs became ill with liver cancer. I have great credit, always pay over minimum. As others have said they have moved payments, etc around to apply a finance charge. Since January 2014 I've had to call EVERY month to try to correct or even figure out what they've done.

EVERY month their supervisor assures me they have credited back or applied as requested then next months bill comes.

One month they told me I missed the expiring promotion! My remaining promotions are still a little large yet but I will pay off balance as soon possible then BURN THE CARD!!

CareCredit review: Some places are required to have minimum bill of $300

I don't agree with this practice. I was able to have a $12 bill from my dentist charged to CareCredit, and paid it off the next month. However, at some places CareCredit requires that the place (example: Banfield Pet Hospital) not be able to accept CareCredit for a bill under $300. That is rediculous, because at times the consumer/customer does not have any other way to pay. Plus, if the interest rate for everybody is as high as I read here, it proves the company that runs CareCredit is money hungry and not concerned with the consumer/customer. So, I may avaod using this card if at all possible.

CareCredit is a BUSINESS. They're in business to MAKE MONEY.

It's NOT CareCredit's responsibility to keep your bank account filled with money.

Always have a back-up credit card. You're RIDICULOUS.

Ummmm, no. Banfield Corporate offices made the choice to not accept CareCredit for charges under $300.

Get your facts straight. The practice decides what promotions they will offer.

View more comments (1)

CareCredit review in Saint Augustine, Florida: Never Using This Company

My surgeon recommended Care Credit so I thought I would check it out online. After reading the same thing over and over I would be afriad to use this company. I have Great credit and can get zero interest or 2.99% interest for 12 months why would I use a rag bag organization like this. And it obviously is one or there wouldn't be so many negative complaints about them. One or two and you say well things happen but page after page you know this company must SUCK. Thanks for posting the warnings. I know I have to pay to use someone else's money but not to a point of being scammed. So glad I checked it out.

Was your post an actual complaint, or were you just attempting to pat yourself on the back for your "Great credit"?

Nicole

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 112613_pc_ConsumerPress**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

GE Capital

John N

Be very wary of using Care Credit. Go to this link for some info:

View more comments (2)
Review

CareCredit review in Sacramento, California: This company is charging me 10 a month because i pay my bill with a health savings account

i have a halth savings account i got from my employer, i pay over 400 a month to this account, This company will not allow me to enter this card as a payment option so i have to call them EVERY month everytime i have to call to make a payment i have to pay 10 bucks, they dont care if it costs me 10 dollars and they certainly did not care they are making it hard on their customers to make a payment i pay everything online i dont call or even write checks and now my care will cost me an addtioanl 200 or more because i have to pay 10 a month just to make my payments with my own heatlh savings account that i put money into, i was doing this to get helath care that i can not get a kaiser and now i hav e to give it up i just cant afford these extra charges and both times i called the customer representive was rude and no one told me they were charging me 10 the first time i called i just happened to hear that when i called to make the payment

CareCredit review: VERY BAD AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE

This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received. The agents barely speak English and apparently don't understand it too well, constantly saying, "I'm sorry I don't understand you, can you repeat that." On top of that they are very rude. More than one agent preceeded to talk over me, instead of trying to listen to what I was saying and then went on to begin to try to argue with me, at which point I just ended the conversation. This companies customer service agents are unprofessional, unkind, and need to receive better training. Such service is unexceptable.
Konstantinos

You wrote "More than one agent preceeded to talk over me, instead of trying to listen to what I was saying and then went on to begin to try to argue with me, at which point I just ended the conversation."

I CONQUER! I reiterated FIVE times that I AM THE CARDHOLDER!!!

Reps response "Only the cardholder can update their account." We played this game FIVE times!

They definitely stuck to the script. Awful.