CareCredit Reviews

Show reviews that mention
care credit credit care payment account card interest credit card customer service service
Filter review

Care Credit - aksing for money i never borrowed!!!!!!

Update by user Apr 04, 2012

GOOD NEWS!

Care credit seen my post – called me – and credited me 1245.74 in late fees and finance charges that was wrongfully charged or misunderstood!!!!!!

Just letting you know - they corrected the mistake and they are letting the credit office know about the error so it does not show up on my credit report.

Original review posted by user Mar 28, 2012
After an accident I needed some chiropractic work on my back. My insurance did not cover all of it so the Dr. suggested Care Credit. I borrowed 1800 Jan. of 2011 - I paid them on time the duration of my Dr. visits. Quit seeing the Dr. in March 2011. Care Credit had already paid so the Dr. who was to reimburse Care credit the difference of what I did not use on the act. then I was to pay the rest in monthly payments. It took 3 months of debate. They charged me late fees and interest over all 3 months and never sent me a bill - the Dr. never was able to pay the difference to care credit so he now pays my monthly bill until his balance with me is at 0 and now I've been paying the minimum balance due plus another 20 and my bill is up to 2300??????????????????? WHY WAS I CHARGED for months of debate and WHY is my bill 500 more then what I borrowed. Now I call their 1-800 # and get NO WHERE!!! If I can't get a hold of them by the end of this week - I will not pay them an dime and it can go to collections! screw the credit - I'll pay my 1800 but not a dime more!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh - and no one can give me a running statement of what I've paid over the past year - strange huh!!!! DO NO USE THIS COMPNAY - I AM ALSO ASKING MY DR. OFFICE TO BLACK THEM OUT AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!! so not only have they lost my business but others at the office as well.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 033012_pc_Etrtan **

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Streamwood, Illinois
Loss
I used them in the past and paid off the card and was never late. So naturally, I used them again. Well... Apparently there was an expiration date on my 0% interest rate (which I should have been aware of but never dealt with an expiration date the first go around...

Same thing happened with me, holy cow I couldn't believe it. I thought that high a rate was illegal

View more comments
Marina Del Rey, California
Carecredit Credit Card
My original bill with Care Credit, from 2009, was $200. Several payments toward that were made and the balance never decreased. All the payment amounts went toward interest. I stopped making payments for that reason and because of family emergencies. The rep who...

With Care Credit never ever ever miss a payment, even by a day, they will jack your rate up to 29.99%, charge your $35 late fee, and then lock your account so the only way you can pay is to call them.

When you call you will be talking to someone in India who doesn't give a *** about why, their instructions are to only get a payment anyway they can.

They will not transfer you to a supervisor, they will not unlock your account, and they will not discuss your rate, period.

Once you make a payment and you pay the late charge, they will unlock your account, but thats it. They don't care why you were late, your rate is now designed to make your debt almost unpayable.

Welcome to the world of Care Credit.

The best way to fight back is at the source. I told my dentist that my family will no longer be using his services as he recommended Care Credit.

I wonder if the Dentist / Doctors etc get a kick back for each account opened, it would explain why they push it so hard.

So if you value your sanity, avoid Care Credit at all costs.....you have been warned.

View more comments
Orlando, Florida

Care Credit Bites!!!

We are encouraged to pay online, but almost every time I go to pay, their security certificate has expired or not authorized by a secure authority. When I spoke to the GE Money collector who calls a thousand times a day, not to mention Sundays into the late evening, he was rude. Instead of trying to help me solve the problem, he continued to tell me he was going to send me to a collection agency. At thet point, I called their pay by phone service. The lady was very nice, but then charged me an extra $15.00 to make my $30.00 payment. When I explained to her why I was not paying online, and she shouldn't charge me the extra fee, she told me that it was a different company that handles that calls, and can't waiver the fee. There is no way I'm going to lose my identity for a an irresponsible company like Care Credit. Send me to a collection agency! I will NEVER, NEVER use them again!!!!!

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 031312_pc_WebCertificate**

I'm sorry you've experienced problems with our website. We'd like to speak with you and ensure you are accessing the correct site; as well as assist regarding the fees you've encountered.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

GE Capital

I have only been paying my bills online through their website, and have not yet had any problem. But I agree, their "convenience fee" for paying over the phone is ridiculous.

Are you registered on their website and everything? I hope you have this solved soon!

Orlando, Florida

Won't work with me

I've had my account with these scammers for years now. I got behind on my account because I became unemployed for awhile. I told them before I even became unemployed that I was about to be and they wouldn't help me. After awhile they start calling me 10+ a day and I finally set up a payment plan. They take $150 a month according to the lady, so I make the first payment. The statement after that they still charge me $160 interest and add another $400 past due and a $35 late fee? Wtf I made they payment amount they asked for. I called and canceled the rest of the automatic payments the liar setup and no one else will help me. They offer to settle my $8000 balance for $4500 but how the *** do they think I can make that payment when I can't make the $1200 I'm past due now? All my other credit companies lowered my interest and payments but carecredit won't help me at all.

I was almost paying my balance off when all of a sudden $300 added to my bill; do not be involved with this scam. I fell for it. Told it was a good plan by a dentist as well.

I forgot to add that there are different lengths of pay by dates depending on how much each separate charge is, the more money, the longer you have to pay.

I don't work for Care Credit but have been a customer for several years. They offer credit like many other places.

Depending on how much you charge at one place, it may be 6 months no interest as long as it is paid by the end of the 6 months. If I have large charge, chances are I end up paying interest but if I have small charges, I can usually pay it before the end of the limit. Each time you use it, each charge becomes a new months to pay loan. You may have several different pay plans, each has it's own pay by dates.

It usually pays towards the oldest charge first etc.

The interest accrues from the date of charge if it that particular charge is not paid within the time limit for that particular charge the interest is added to that charge, and only that one, if you made purchases after that those charges are each considered a separate pay before bill. You can have several different pay by charges with different due dates.

I used my care credit and was told if I make my monthly payments there will be no interest charges. I set up automatic payments and went to Afghanistan where I never bothered to check my statements because at the back of my head I was thinking I am all set up.

I just returned and and found out I have been charged $1000 interest on approximately $2000 balance which I made automatic payments for the past year. I immediately called and asked for some assistance but all I was told that is what I signed for.

In short, I used the credit card for $2000. I paid almost $75 monthly payment for more than 12 months but my statement showed I owe my a balance of $1900.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 031312_pc_Ogrt48**

We’d like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your account and assist. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

View more comments (4)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Carecredit Account

Calling an Attorney.. they are screwy

Got loan for my dogs training, same story interest free for 18 months. When we got to the last few payments they said we didnt pay the loan within the allotted time and charged us 27 percent back interest on the loan. Our balance went from 3000 to 4600. We will be suckered into paying hundreds a month and its going to ruin our credit. I called tonight as I just noticed it since the 18 months was up in January and was will to pay the $3000.00 off today. They refused and said the only amount i can pay off is the $4600.00. They won't let you talk with anyone competent and now they will be talking with my attorney.

I have not had any problems with this company.

On my statement it shows exactly when the promotional period expires, the balance, and deferred interest that will be added if you do not pay by the expiration date. You can be approved by GE for ie.

12 months but you have to check with your provider as to what their terms are. The provider is the one who pays the interest so the terms are up to them.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 030612_pc_Brookef **

San Diego, California

RUDE Harassing Phone calls!

I have been inundated with phone calls ON MY CELL for a name similar to mine, asking if it was another person. When I returned the call, they asked if it was the other person. They finally guessed at my name. I verified that. They had the last four of my social. She looked it up and told me that I had a "0" balance. Later I called and spoke with a supervisor, after holding for 20 minutes. He wanted my FULL social security number! The lady I spoke with prior pulled up my account with the last four of my social?? The loan was opened in the year 2001. It is now 2012. Why are they suddenly harassing me now…particularly under a different name…with a "0" balance, not to mention that I have a perfect credit score?!?
Sacramento, California
Carecredit Account

From the "Provider's" point of view...

I am the office manager at an animal hospital in North Carolina. We offer Carecredit as a form of payment for our clients. To all of you Provider's out there, are you aware that you are being charged 13.5% for all trasnsactions that you finance for 18 months?!? How about 9.9% for all transactions financed for 12 months? When we enrolled with Carecredit, we were informed of a 5% charge for transactions, which is still high (more than 2x as high) in comparison to debit and credit cards. Wow. I can not believe that GE gets away with this! What a rip off for us AND our clients. Lord forbid that one of our clients make a payment late or not have their balance paid off by the end of the agreed time for it to be paid in full.

Here is the problem I’ve had. Every time I call the customer service line the person I speak to can barely speak English. When asked if they can transfer me to America they tell me that no one is available.

dear "Provider"s "Point of view. What ever you are all alike when we contact u our blood pressure goes off the chart's brain takes a double hit because you don't make any rime or reason out of any thing you offer as help, just another big scam to cover the last scam.I wished all CEO"s Bank CEO"ng and get on with it, put your big boy pant's on and tell all the people out there that owe you a small bundle,compered to what you the bank's and other's got away with because WE I SAID WE the tax payer's baled u out.Just try that a gain and all of you banks's ect.

will see a BIG FAT NO NO NO or maybe we can make deal 50% pay back at 100% interest and then when u pay the 50% we will talk about the 200% due in late charges and other fees that will be charged for the rest of the 50% owed. How is that for fair service? Please contact or office any time and we will be willing to work a deal with you at your expense Any time :) Thank you and come back to here more way;s to get ------.

:) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

I am so happy to see that a DR> that provided this rip off co. some true facts behind what is a rip off.

Not your fault DR. Just that the people that have ben ripped off could have known what was a bad deal could have ben in the right frame of mind when they singed up for the bad card. My dog was very sick and could not breath. I was so afraid he was dying that I would have done any thig to save him, I rushed him to the vet,forgot my glasses and was out of my mind with worry,my dogs are my kid's and I know he needed help, he was just one year old in human age,and full of life and love.

Now I know that the only person you can trust and who trust you is your dog,well I let him down I coulden;t save him and after 2,000 in charges for tests, and him staying at the vets for 2 day's nothing could be done but I tried to get him the help he needed, if I would have taken my glasses to read the fine print on the bank card I would have done something else. What a ripp off. I am a 70 years old and I know better. but my dog is all I could think about.

Now I cant pay off the debt and they are raising *** and they will go to *** to get there money.

Well I guess I will have no recall but to pay up and do with out my med's and cut back yet a meal or two just so that I can make the payments,pay back is *** when you all bail out the big banks and there is no one to bail you out. :upset :upset :x :p :?

GE Capital/Care Credit not only screws the consumer by being unwilling to work with their past due balances to bring them current but they also screw their providers? I will NEVER use them again.

EVER. That is ridiculous!!!

WOW!! Not only does their customer service STINK for consumers (canned responses to problems)...but they rip off their providers too??? AMAZING!!

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 031712_pc_NCProvider**

We strive to provide excellent service and support to our providers and cardholders. I apologize that you have not received such support and would like to research and resolve this matter.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com and provide your contact information so we can connect and work to resolve.

For security purposes, please do not include account numbers in your email.

View more comments (5)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Care credit is a terrible company

I can't stand this company. They are do rude and very hard to work with!!! They reported a late payment on my credit even though when I call they say they never reported it and they won't fix it or even do anything to help fix it. I have to go through the credit bearu and report it and this all do nothing. They will not even send me a letter saying my account was never delinquent. Very annoying this a terrible company, do not use them. I am not the first person that this has happened to and I know I won't be the last.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 022912_pc_CCAnon **

Addison, Texas

CARE CREDIT

This company is a loan shark. We have been paying on a balance of $3500 for over a year now at $125 per month. Not one penny has come off the balance, in fact it has gone up by another $200 ( my balance now is $3769) and is charging a monthly over the limit fee of $35 and $80 interest. I called them today and told them to send it to collections and that I would not pay one more penny to them. Now my credit will be ruined but I am not going to pay them anymore in interest and fees. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Care credit publishes the manuals they use to determine your payment and any promotional period applicable. The care you financed, and subsequently the doctor who received the money, is the one who chose what payment plan you would be on.

Any amount over $1000 can be charged interest.

Additionally, if you are willing to make a higher monthly payment, they can charge zero-interest, but only on plans extending less than 18 months. Not all plans are available in all offices, but be sure to check the terms your doctor's office is willing to accept before you sign.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 031312_pc_binformed**

Binformed - We'd like to review your account information and ensure you no longer receive calls at your request, as well as verify we have the correct information for your account.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

GE Capital

Never late & paid more than minimums, yet they call me 3 times a day, as a "courtesy call". This company uses c/s reps from India, so very hard to understand them and they do not know how to answer questions off their script.

They called to ask if I needed financial help but since I have always been current, they said I did not "qualify" for their help. Then why did they call me?

This co. is really a pain to deal with.

View more comments (2)
Portland, Oregon

CARE CREDIT

Portland, Oregon

Care Credit will empty your pockets!!!!!

So my husband needed dental work and his dad co-signed for care credit. Long story short he never got the work done and I decided to use it for me and my kids and it came out to $900. Well before it was at $2200 and they were charging $200 a month, because the *** DOSSETT DENTAL FRISCO, TX charged the card before my husband even had the work done. Well long story short CARE CREDIT AKA GE BANK would not adjust it and I have now paid $349 on a $900 balance with a supposed 0% interest!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and now somehow I still owe $773.... Where the H*** did the $349 go??????

Angela - We'd like to review your account and ensure you are not paying for services not rendered.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 021412_pc_Angela **

Using the above case number, please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Fort Worth, Texas
Carecredit Credit Card

Contacting attorney

Got loan for dental work 6 years ago, same story interest free for the term of the loan. When we got to the last few payments they said we didnt pay the loan within the allotted time and charged us 27 percent back interest on the loan. Our balance went from 400 to 1600. Since then we have been suckered into paying 172 a month payments for the last 4 years and our balance is still 2600 and they have ruined my wife's credit. They won't let you talk with anyone competent and now they will be talking with our attorney. They owe us some change.
#519135

code dm 021012_pc_ccd

I checked my acct on line thinking it was almost paid off.WE stated with a $2762.10 loan on 4/29/11 put it on auto pay thinking we would avoid interest. what a suprise I saw $800.00 in intrest on my acct. I dont recall

receiveing any statments

We are senior citizens on a fixed income.the$800.00 is outragous,

Can you help us?

Patsy Glenn

6321 Pinehurst dr

N. Richland Hills Tx 76180

e-mail rleonglenn@***.com 817-656-****

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 021012_pc_CCD**

Elkhorn, Nebraska

Care Credit - late fee when I'm a month early?

I pay my care credit account timely every month - one month I paid at the beginning of the month and then again right at then end for the next month, thinking this would put me one month ahead of schedule. Now I've been charged a late fee. I'm a month early for pete's sake!!! Now I get harassing calls from their collection department for a late fee I don't deserve! I've explained over and over and over - finally they understood that I am not in fact late and reversed the fee, but NOW there is another mysterious $10 that they say I owe them b/c they generated the bill with the incorrect late fee! I just can't believe how ridiculous this whole situation is. I'm paying early, yet getting late fees, and now b/c of their admitted mistake, they still expect more money and continue to harass me. I will never, ever, use this company again. They lost business for good.

This is not a car loan. You can't just make an extra payment in the same billing period and expect it to go towards the following month.

If your statement hadn't printed yet and you made a 2nd payment, it applies to that billing cycle, not the following one. You deserved that late fee.

**To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 021012_pc_Mrkurtyka**

Daytona Beach, Florida

THIEVES!!!!!

Update by user Apr 20, 2012

After i posted the comment below care credit contacted me & my issue was resolved

Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2012
I paid my monthly bill a couple weeks in advance and got charged late fees! I pay most of my bills about 2 weeks b4 the due date to ensure that it is paid & I don't waste money on late fees never in my life have I been penalized for paying early! I only noticed one late fee, called to dispute it only to find out I was charged 2 late fees. They would only *** one there's no way I should pay a single dollar for paying a little early I'm borrowing the money to pay it off and cancelling the account. The rep on the phone just kept repeating the same *** over & over, these companies find any way to take your money if you don't absolutely need it DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THESE BACKWARDS *** PEOPLE!!!!

Nicole - A member of our escalted team will be emailing you shortly to assist. For your security, we recommend you remove your eamil address from your post.

Overland Park, Kansas