Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

CareCredit review in Brecksville, Ohio: Service charge for payment not mine

I went to Hylan dentist to only have a credit check to help my brother in law and end up with a credit card ,plus a bill.And the bill was paid before I know it was a credit card application.I was told it was just to see if I had good credit.And he had already had the test and tooth pulled.And I was billed for his services.I don't like to be lied to.The Dentist is wrong for lieing to me about the application.And my brother in law lied also. I hate liers.

So why is this a compliant on CareCredit. It had nothing to do with CareCredit.

Carecredit Credit Card

CareCredit review in Newark, New Jersey: Forced me to keep their credit

Care Credit dental plan is suppose to offer a person help in paying the denist bill, but they are just trying to get people into debt. The denist pads their bills so the client owes more than the service they give. I informed the Denist and care credit that due to their unsavy operations I would no longer want their services. I had the Denist informed them too. The dispute went on for some time with care credit insisting I owe them. With a reasonable time I had informed them that I would find my own funds to support my dental care. I had very good Dental insurance, did not realize that Denist charge more if you have insurance. Upon signing up for their credit the denist insisted that it was like a gap payment and would only cover cost my insurance would not cover. She charged my account $2,000 as soon as I submitted the application. Care Credit told me that they paid her already the whole amount before she did any work. Care Credit forced me into debit.

I'd just like to ask at what point does CareCredit think they are entitled to 26.99%APR? On a 5K 2300.00 balance, minimum payment due is listed as 80 bucks.

IF you make that payment, they keep 55 bucks, and send the rest to the balance. It never goes down.

I think this is USUARY, and should be illegal. I would never have signed if I knew how *** long this would have taken.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 070212_pc_Anonymous**

I saw your message, we would like to try and address your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Carecredit Account
In April, 2012, I did a Laser Eye Surgery at TLC, Madison, WI. TLC recommended me to use the 24-month no interest financial plan with CareCredit for the $4390 I should pay for my surgery, sounds like a reasonable deal and I did not see any catch. So I did. I applied...
Spencer

I'd like to take some kind of action against these guys.

View more comments

CareCredit review in Newark, California: Care Credit

I've been using CareCredit's GE online service pay my bills for months. Out of nowhere, my account was suddenly locked. I've tried everything - security questions, forgot user and password (even when I DO know my username+ password), it still gives me the same "information doesn't match their system". And eventually I called their customer service and asked if their system is down. No reason about why my account is locked, other than blaming me for entering the wrong information. I've already spoke to two different customer representatives (waiting over 3 days before I contact the customer services each time), and have repeatedly follow their instructions to login. At the end, both representatives told me that they will reset my account by sending me an e-mail within 24-48 hours - where I will be able to register for a new account to make my payment. It's been two weeks, I am still not able to register for a new account nor am I able to login. And no help nor reason were provided.

This same thing has happened to me. I've used Care Credit/GE Capital's online payment service to make payments on my account since the first time I used the care credit card in February of 2011.

I've always paid on time and much more the minimum in order to ensure my balance is paid off before the promotional period has ended. However, since care credit/GE Capital has changed their payment website, every month I've been locked out of my account. I know I have the correct username and password because I am able to unlock my account, but after I unlock the account, it asks me to enter my username and password again for security reasons. When that happens, it asks me a security question that is not my security question and then locks me out again.

I was able to log in for a short period in July but otherwise have not been able to successfully log in on a regular basis since March or April. I have been able to make the payments over the phone with Care Credit's waiving of the fee they charge for phone payments. However, I am not able to see my promotional balances or which balances have been paid in full.

Also, unless I go through a live person over the phone, the phone payment fee will not be waived even though the only reason I have to pay over the phone is because THEIR website is down. Keep in mind though, reaching a live person is a hassle and requires at least a 45 minute time commitment in order to go through all the phone trees and holds.

Nicole

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 061512_pc_Anon**

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com and provide your name and phone number so we can call you directly to assist.

Review

CareCredit review in Landrum, South Carolina: Care Credit ripping off the elderly

in 2008 I opened an account with Care Credit for hearing aides in the amount of 4314.00 as of today 06/11/2012 they are sayingI still owe 3782.00 and 454.00 past due. I pay every month and have copy of my checks , i have called several times trying to resolve this matter and get a letter saying i am not past due and a payment history on why I still owe so much all of my calls are sent over seas and i have a hrd time ubderstaing any of them and I still get no where. Care credit not only has ripped me off at 80 years old but ruined my credit over this account. what do I do next? contact an attorney?

Care Credit charged me more than my doctor did. My doctor gave me a senior discount and Care Credit charged me the full amount.

Plus they never sent a statement as promised & by the time I went on line to try & get a mailed statement I was listed as 2 days past due. Wound up having to pay late fee plus the senior discount. Will never use them again.

Stick to your normal credit cards. They do not pad fees.

Nicole

** To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 061312_pc_SSkinner**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Nicole

**To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 061212_pc_SSkinner**

Loss

CareCredit review in San Francisco, California: THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS

My son is having his wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow and most of the costs ARE covered by my dental insurance, but i was "thinking" of financing the remaining balance with my VISA card when the surgeon's office suggested this option. Thank goodness you all had posted your experience with this fraudulent, unscrupulous, and non compassionate group of people. I will NOT be submitting my application to CARECREDIT because I do not want to become one more victim of some scam you've got going on here! Even though I HATE charging on my VISA card, at least I know up front what I am getting. I hope you at CARECREDIT ARE reading these posts like I did!

Cammy, your name should be "Scammy" with a multitude of complaints, you post positive things? If you weren't a troll you wouldn't be on this site.

DUH! These loan sharks did what the others posted, 'late' fees, usurious interest rates, rude reps, not willing to work with you, etc.

Oh yeah, they just wiped out my savings acct.

a pox on you 'Scammy'

Alice G

Cammy has to be trolling for GE CareCredit. Her explanations are toooooo scripted.

I have been using care credit for a year now and have not had one problem. They don't scam you, all bills are legit and based off of the amount you finance, although the interest rate is a little high. They helped me out when I didn't have another alternative and needed to take care of my teeth.

Review

CareCredit review in Livingston, New Jersey: Usarious interest rates without warning

I had LASIK surgery about 34 mos ago. I was told that i could finance thru Care Credit for 36 mos and pay no interest. After the surgery I went online at GE money and set up auto payments to pay off my 3000 within 36 mos. I received a notice yesterday to log onto my account and update information. I was shocked to find that I still owe 2200. When I called care credit they told me that my financing was only for 24 mos and when the balance wasn't paid in full, I had to pay accrued interest from the date of financing at the usarious rate of 22% . This is insane. I dont know how I was told 36 mos but somehow aplied for 24mos, but had I been notified that my loan was coming due at 24 mos., I certainly would have paid it off then. A year ago, I would have only owed 1000. Now, after paying 3000 in payments to Care Credit, I still owe 2200. I am definately pissed and do not know what recourse I have.
Nicole

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 060812_pc_AnonNJ**

Regard,

GE Capital

Had problems with Care Credit years ago through out dentist office. Same thing.

So much for an "Interest Free" loan. We paid it off a soon as we could and closed that account. Everytime the dentist office told us we could finance a service, we told them no way ! !

Have told everyone we know to stay away from Care Credit.

That's how they make their money. No concern over the phone.

Loss
Two months ago, CareCredit completely redesigned its website. Prior to this, their website worked flawlessly in every browser. I use Opera to pay all of my online bills. Unfortunately, the CareCredit website no longer displays in Opera. It displays a blank page. ...

I've received this error as well and cannot get to my account to pay my billing. When I call customer service on the back of my card, they tell me I'm one of 50 callers to receive a $100 gift card to Walmart, Target, Best Buy etc.

for ONLY a $3.95 activation fee. After several declines the rep continued to be persistent on why I didn't want it. I finally agreed and at the end of providing my debit card number he began to tell me about a cream I was going to receive as a free trial for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days I could keep it and pay $59.

I immediately told him, there, there's the catch and I declined the gift card. He again became very persistant and told me I already accepted and wanted to know why I changed my mind.

I asked him repeatedly to help me with my account and he just ingorned me. I finally hung up on him.

View more comments

CareCredit review in Irvine, California: Medical Loan

This credit card is just out to get people in a time of need!! i have a score over 700 and was given a 21% interest rate. My dr's office was also being charged a fee that they would not accept. so the office manager referred me to another company called FundMyDr.com and i was really satisfied with their services. they got me an interst free loan for 6 months and paid my dr's office in 2 days.... patients need to be careful!! i just want people to see that even if its a big credit card they are still out to get people!!
Carecredit Credit Card

CareCredit review in Little Rock, Arkansas: Wouldn't apply payment to month it was paid in

I recently opened an account with Care Credit. I made my first payment on 4-20-12 (100 on a minimum of 64 dollars), my payment was due on 4-27-12. I made my second payment on 5-4-2012 (100 on a minimum payment of 64 dollars). I was told by Care Credit that because I made my payment on 5-4-2012 instead of 5-5-2012 that my 100 dollar payment was applied to my April billing cycle and there fore I still owe them another 64 dollars for my May payment. I have read the many, many customer complaints about this company. My suggestion is make sure you pay within each billing cycle and for godsake make sure you document each and every payment or interaction with this company. I think this is an unethical practice but that is how they are able to get you for an unpaid payment. Sneaky and underhanded but it is apparently the way they do business. So its all good, just know who you are dealing with.

I paid for my eye surgery with care credit. I spent almost $4000 dollars on the surgery.

They said it was interest free for two years. My interest free promo rate was over 9/17/13. I paid off all $4000 by 9/16/13. I was in the clear.

I now owe them nothing!

I get an email from them the next day saying I owe them $1880 dollars in interest because the promotion is over. That's what they mean by interest free?

#719024
@yaknotnud

If you have proof you paid them on the 16th, you owe them nothing!

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code 051012_pc_Kdirons**

I’m sorry you are having problems regarding your account. We’d like to speak with you and assist. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information: