Today I went to use my CareCredit Card only to have it declined. I called CareCredit and they informed me that my account has recently been closed due to lack of activity.

However, I made a purchase on it in March 2013 and my last payment was August 2013. Not once was I late on a payment, over the limit, etc. So here I was at the Dentist where treatment was just received with the inability to pay due to CareCredit closing my account without notification. CareCredit informed me that the account was closed just a few days ago and that I should receive a letter in a few days stating such.

Since my account was in good standing, CareCredit should have sent a 30 day notice rather than putting me, the customer in this embarrassing situation. Three phone calls later to CareCredit and still no resolution.

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over their actions and I recommend that everyone that has this issue to the same. If enough people do not complain to the BBB CareCredit will continue this practice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

• Premature Account Closure