Cincinnati, Ohio

When my daughter required surgery on her jaw last December, my wife and I were told we could get 24 months same as cash from CareCredit to pay for it. As we were both unemployed at the time, we had little choice. I faithfully paid the amount due, even writing the check prior to arrival of the statement so as not to be late and having to pay deferred interest charges. Then, when my August statement arrived, I noticed an interest charge of $264, including deferred charges. Apparently, we were only given 6 months deferred interest.

I called CareCredit and offered to pay the entire balance due, minus the interest charges (my wife and I have since found work), but was told they could do nothing and to call the doctor. The doctor, of course, had to call CareCredit, who said there was nothing they could do.

I had printed out the GE Money Bank Credit Card Agreement when I signed up and there was nothing I could find about the time limit on deferred interest, so I went with what the doctor told me. When statements came, my only concern was to pay them immediately so I wouldn't be late and therefore, did not notice the fine print (apparently no time limit had been specified, so it defaulted to six months, which we weren't told).

What I hate about CareCredit/GE Money/GE Capital is that they put you in the middle of the vendor/creditor relationship and you (the borrower) can get no satisfaction. My wife and I are still trying to get back on our feet after a trying couple of years and CareCredit clearly doesn't Care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Comments

yea, so I took this card too and paid MORE than the minimum for about 6 months in a row; when I skipped a payment because I was way ahead, they contacted the credit agencies and sent me to collection--over $40. Can you believe?

I immediately paid the full balance due (which was $200) and closed the card.

Screw them. Their card sucks.

I immediately paid the full balance due (which was $200) and closed the card.

Screw them. Their card sucks.

GECapitalCares
#361911

I'm glad we were able to assist. Thank you for taking the time to update and advise that your issue has been resolved.

Nicole

GE Capital

Slydo

I must tip my hat to GE Capital (CareCredit), they have corrected the situation and all is good. Thank you for your responsiveness.

I believe that its the doctor's fault. They should have enter the code for 24months.

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 082811_ccpc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,