San Jose, California

Be cautious. I signed up for a "promotion" in which no interest was to be charged if paid in full within the promotional period.

When I signed up I check the box that stated (and it was explained to me in this way) I was signing up for 12 equal payments to pay off the balance within the promotional period and to be automatically withdrawn each month from my bank account. I will take responsibility for not reconciling the amounts and making sure it all added up. I just saw that payments were being withdrawn from my account each month. Since I thought that it was automatically being withdrawn to pay off the balance within the period, I didn't think I had to worry about it.

My fault! But I want others to be careful. They were not withdrawing equal amounts to pay off the balance. And since I didn't pay it off within the promotional period because of this, I was charged interest.

A lot of interest!!! The wording they used on the forms when I signed up is inconsistent with what they do. And it is your responsibility to make sure they are withdrawing the correct amounts. This is how they make their money.

And they are not easy to deal with and/or talk to. I had to call multiple times and explain to multiple people my situation. Would NEVER use this company again.

I really think they are trying to mislead people on purpose and count on the fact that a lot of people won't reconcile the amounts and/or forget about it like I did.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Reason of review: Misleading Information.

CareCredit Cons: Misleading information about promotional periods.

Comments

Nita

I did this. Someone called me and left a message.

I tried calling back a couple of times and left messages, but no one returned my calls from there. No one is trying very hard to reconcile my issue.

This is the way your company does business. Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone if you miss the call!

Kristeena

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 112015_PC_PO**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your Synchrony Financial account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at ask.synchrony@synchronyfinancial.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,