Williamsburg, Virginia

I had an awful experience with GE Capital's Care Credit card. When you agree to the card terms and conditions, you also agree to "insurance" that goes with the card.

I had a 12-month no interest benefit however I discovered at the end of my 12-month period I had been charged monthly fees for the insurance. And to make matters worse I was being charged INTEREST on the Insurance!!!

So while I thought I wouldn't be penalized if I paid my balance in 12 months, I ended up having an additional $600 in charges on my card that were insurance and interest charges. I wouldn't recommend without copious amounts of research and questions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Comments

Companies cannot arbitrarily add insurance to the account, you have to agree. In fact, if you signed actual paperwork, you have to initial stating that they offered and you accepted or declined.

If you feel that there was an error, you should first contact the company. If you do not get any results you can contact someone from the insurance commission or the attorney general's office in your state.

I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you will be able to find a resolution.