Tampa, Florida
3.6K views 40 comments

Applied for credit for dental repairs; got "12 months same as cash" option, and have made every monthly payment of at least $150/mo. for over 7 months; suddenly, they tacked on $125.47 interest on "promotional expiration date-EXPIRED" and when I called them, they told me to "sue us" and we'll garnish your bank account." So I sued them in Small Claims Court here in Florida; I'll let you know the outcome. I hope anyone reading this will not do business with this company, as they will be well advised to avoid any contact at all.

Review about: Revolving Line Of Credit.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Carecredit?

Comments

I recently obtained my annual credit report, found that someone opened a joint account on 07 01 2013.Never paid a red cent, now they say I owe them!

What, why did they open a fraud I lent account.

This is also known as GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK same as SYNCB/CARE CREDIT.AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Jason
to Anonymous Middletown, Ohio, United States #1323145

This same thing happened to me.

Private
Nashville, Tennessee, United States #935415

So what was the outcome? Where did you file to reach the register agent in Florida? Do you have a valid address or a PO box address?

Cat
Kendall, Florida, United States #792903

I'm going to sue my dentist and care credit.I didn't apply for the card, apparently my dentist took that upon himself.

I have dental coverage, and they (unbeknownst to me) decided to sign me up for care credit, $3000. I didn't know until I got a credit update the day after my cleaning. Apparently, the company pays the dentist. I didn't even have any work done.

I am livid and I'm taking it all the way.

This is a sad scam of a practice.These people are ridiculous.

Alex
Los Angeles, California, United States #786849

I too got a letter for an account I never applied for at my address in my EX-Husbands name. This must be a scam…the correct address for GE Capital Retail Bank is NOT P.O. Box 965033 if you go to their site it is different.

Bobster

Update on last comment: they settled with me and refunded the $125.47, plus filing fee of $75. What a bunch of cowards and incompetent attorneys they have working for them.

mo
Rosemead, California, United States #777648

I received a letter from GE Capital Retail Bank PO Box 965033 Orlando FL 32896-5033, saying my application of a GECRB card account is not approved.I've never applied this thing and I read all about your comments mentioning they are a fraud.

What should I do about it?Since I don't have account in there, would it be fine if I just leave it?

Neal

I want to sue them as well... to what address do I send the court summons?

Sandy
Cape Coral, Florida, United States #756289

I am currently having the exact same problem as mentioned above.

The Bobster77

After filing suit, they settled with me by refunding $175.00, plus the $50 filing fee. :grin