Jacksonville, Florida

Started using Care Credit back in February 2011 to pay off lasik eye surgery. I was told that it was a two year interest free loan.

Sounded like a great deal. My first bill came and I started making payments. Little did I know that the payment plan that I was on would not pay off the balance after the two years. Unfortunately, I did not realize this until the eleventh payment.

I called customer service to discuss my concerns. What I discovered was that on the my current payment plan that my remaining balance would end up being more than $1,600 dollars after the two years. And deferred interest of over $1000 would be added on to that. Leaving me a balance of over $2,600 after the two years is up.

Talk about, getting straight up ***. I understand that credit card companies need to make money, but this is out of control, especially under the financial situation we are all in these days. I now have to make double payments for the next thirteen months or end up paying extra $1000 or more.

They are not an honest company and I'm doing every thing in my power to make sure that they are not going to get a dime in interest from me. *** them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Comments

ironhorse, sounds like you would fit right at GE Capital, maybe a loans officer. Sounds like you have no morals so you would fit right in with no training.

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 120811_cb Jason1273

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Jason1273

Ironhorse, thank you for your response. I fully understand the situation that I am dealing with.

As I stated, I intend to pay off the balance before the interest kicks in. Blaming a credit card co. would be total insanity and it wouldn't get me anywhere anyways. Credit companies are in the business to make money and I don't have a problem paying interest on money that I have borrowed.

I just think that the deferred interest that this company charges is way out of control. And from what I have read from some less fortunates that they tack on a 24.9% interest rate on top of that. Seems excessive. I guess I just get frustrated when I see banks taking advantage of people.

There are people out there that use this card to pay for desperately needed medical procedures. And because of there financial situation they end up really getting screwed. I'm not the only one that feels this way. I would suggest reading some of the other many complaints that people have posted about this company.

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot that any of us can do about companies like this. I best thing that I can do is post my experience for others to read and make sure this company doesn't any of my money.

don't blame them--of course they wanted you to pay the min. so it wouldn't be paid off in time--you can pay more than the min anytime you want--its up to you to figure out how much you need to pay each month to pay it off before the intrest kicks in.