Columbia, South Carolina

June 2009 I opened a care credit acct at my eye dr's office. They recommended it to pay the difference that my insurance didn't cover for eye prodedure.

I paid the balance off within 30 days so there was no interest. July 2012 I receive a letter that my account is being closed due to inactivity. I called them to say I was concerned that this would affect my credit score unfavorably and I did not have any medical procedures planned to use the card.

They didn't care. My credit score is not bad but I caution anyone to get this card because if you don't plan on having medical procedures on a regular basis, it could hurt your credit score.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Comments

Same thing happened to us! We opened the care credit card account because my husband had to have some teeth pulled.

We of course payed it off on time, blah blah blah.then we got a letter saying it was closed "do it inactivity". I mean its not the kind of card you can use everyday!