Simi Valley, California

I had to have emergency dental work as a result of an accident. dental office told me that the full procedure would take 8-12 weeks to complete and that Care Credit had approved me for the full amount of the procedure with 12 months no interest, this was in jan.2010 final work was completed the end of march.

i received my first billing statement dated 2/06 for a payment due date of march 1. I began making payments on march 1st and continued to make timely payments every month always in excessive of the mim. amount due. My Feb.

2011 statement showed my promotional period would end 2/6/2011, but did not indicate what the interest would be if the balance was not paid off. I also kept thinking that all my statements were dated the 6th of every month with the 1st of the next month for the due date, so I thought I had till march 1st to pay off balance. I received my March statement this week and was surprised to see that I had been charged $634.10. My orginal charge was $2580.00.

When I called Care Credit for an explanation, I was treated very ruding by customer service. I explained that I wanted to pay the balance in full and why was I being charged this additional $634.10, I was told that it was the interest accured for not paying the balance in full by the promo date. I asked why the promo date didn't extend to the 1st of mar. since that was the 12 mos.

from my first payment, there was no explanation. I said I would like to pay off the balance now and what would be the pay off amount, again I was told that I must pay the full additional charge of $634.10. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was treated with even more rudeness. I was told there was no one I could speak to and no one would be willing to help me.

I was never told by the dental office that I would be charged interest on the full amount of the charge, regardless of the balance at the end of the promo period, nor was ever told what the interest would be 22.98%. Run don't walk when you hear the name Care credit.

Comments

I am a physician who has offered CareCredit as another form of payment in my office for several years, without complaints from any of my patients.

While I cannot speak to the internal office procedures of other offices, ours thoroughly reviews with each patient how the promotional period works. In other words, if patient is financing $1K over 12 months, their monthly, interest free payment is roughtly $83 per month. There is also an alternative 'minimum' payment each month, which is less than the $83, which patients can pay if they are short that particular month. So long as the patient pays either the minimum payment due, or the regularly scheduled payment, ON TIME, no interest is charged and they have paid the full amount within the time frame that they have chosen, which in this scenario is 12 months. Nowhere have I seen it mentioned that it is the physician's office which pays the interest for the patient, which IS how this works.

I feel that this is a great option for patients to receive the care that they need and/or desire, while easing the financial burden with a more manageable monthly payment(s).

I do empathize with those individuals who have had difficulty with CareCredit, and would urge them to contact their physician in an attempt to mediate the situation.

I know of many people who are going through the same situation. There is a company that offers up to 60 months medical financing with a fixed interest rate.Here's the address: CheckFactor.com/netnurse

#252058

Worst company ever. I had a similar situation with them.

When they stated my payments had been late so they automatically added the interest on to my balance before promotional period was up. I called them to talk about what happened and the women who helped me was a cold ruthless person. She was so rude and went on to explain to me that I had paid after the 5 oclock cutt off on a friday when I paid at 8pm ( my bill was due on that Saturday) , I continue to ask why would my bill be do on a Saturday but need to be paid by 5pm the day before. Don't make bills do on weekends if the can't be paid on those days!!!

Horrible customer service. Always rude!!!!

#252056

Worst company ever. I had a similar situation with them.

Horrible customer service. Always rude!!!!

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 021811_cc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,