1.7K views

i am a single mother without health insurance.Last Sept i opened the Care Credit card for dental work i desperately needed.

I never missed a payment or was late this past year. I recently became unemployed but was able to do a 0% balance transfer from this card to a different one. Well CareCredit rejected the payoff and added $525 in back interest to my balance! Theres no way i can afford that with no job.

Do not get this card there is no reason for them not to accept a payoff except they wanted that interest.Now i cant pay them at all

Review about: Carecredit Credit Card.

Had an Experience with CareCredit?

Comments

I look at it this way. If you try to pay Care Credit and they refuse payment via balance transfer they are saying you do not owe them that money anymore, period.

Nowhere in their terms do they state that you can't use a credit card to pay them off. You can pay them with balance transfers from your Bank so they can accept it electronically.

Thanks for care credit story I was just about to apply but not now sorry about what they did EVERY body wants the pay off.Sounded weird so you saved me a lot of potential grief I think.

Hope dental issues ok me mom too.Good luck out there.

anniefarber
West Burlington, Iowa, United States #734262

Aspen dental and Care Credit and All About Eyes are all in this together....Aspen dental never gave credit to care card when it should of been.4 months later we find out that our 2500.00 credit wasnt applied..

where was it???? we paid off Care Credit so we should of got a refund.. Never got it.. instead was able to get implants for that money that magically came to the same amount that my implants would cost...Crooks...

bad business... i dont have anything to smile about anymore.. I got burned and my smile isnt mine....anymore..

defective crooked smile and implants that dont work..wish i could sue..i would..if there is a class action suite against care credit or aspen dental please contact me

You can't pay credit with credit. Try to pay Visa with your Mastercard and see what happens.

to Anonymous #1361149

Sure you can

San Francisco, California, United States #662977

There is no valid reason for GE/Care Credit to refuse payments from other credit cards.They do it only because it increases the likelihood that you will not be able to pay before the zero interest promotions ends.

If you transfer your balance, they wouldn't be able to hit you with obscenely high back interest!This company is seriously dishonest.

Brecksville, Ohio, United States #607933

Made a payment of $3300.00 to pay it off on feb.8th.

It was cleared out of my bank yesterday the 11th and my bank said they should have it today which would bring my available credit back to 5, 000 $...well I still only have $1696 to use. They told me it takes about a week to take this hold off because it was such a lump payment. I needed to use it today to pay for the rest of my surgery that I am having a week from today. ..my surgeon is giving me til this friday by noon to pay the rest of the balance.

Why is CareCredit doing this to me!?

I dont want to have to reschedule my surgery which would cost even more and delay everything...Please take this hold off, you have my money!!!

wow that is so wrong to add that interest i wish i would of seen all of these comment before i had gotten this card also, i cant wait to get mine paid off and cut it up too, i have had problems with mine also

Care credit does not care...I made my last payment and it did not go through they are charging me interest for 24 months when I was making payments twice a month to avoid this. THis is a SCAM watch out people.

I like how every single comment of people getting pissed off is responded by GE Money.I hate this card, when i'm finished paying for my bill.

(i'm paying more than minimum to avoid the interest fee.i'm going to cut and cancel it afterward.) def not customer friendly card.