I went to the dentist last year and got approved for a Care Credit 2 year interest free loan for my dental services. I have been making payments on time and so far it has only been a year, so I am making conservative payments with a giant lump sum in the near future to pay off the loan.

Well I logged on to my account today and saw my new balance and nearly fell off my seat. I thought my account got hijacked and went into panic mode, but realized by looking at the transaction summary that GE, without informing me of ANYTHING, added 1500 dollars in interest to my balance! This is a scam, a fraud, and I will spread this everywhere if it is not corrected.

DO NOT deal with Care Credit if this is how they deal with their loyal consumers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

I must say that care credit contacted me and resolved the situation in a friendly and satisfying manner. Also, they did not ask me to say this. I appreciate their cooperation.

They definitely prey on desperate individuals. My bill went up astronomically at the end of the first year.

I am disgusted the a dental office would even offer such an absurd solution to removing a tooth while my jawbone is swollen and in serious pain! I have paid way more for my bill than the original work. The company sickens me. My wife passed away shortly after my dental visit and I have hospital bills from that to deal with also.

I only make 200 a month on average and am struggling to make more. There should be a law against dental offices pushing care credit on unfortunate patients. To make the situation worse; care credit is set up so that you cannot contact someone who is American or has any power to do anything but collect your money let alone understand English well enough to be dealing with such matters. There are people assembling a class action lawsuit and I hope to get inboard with that.

I am going to make a Facebook page regarding it and I should be able to get that to spread very fast since I know so many influential people. Channel 6 news is also interested in doing a story if they can get more local people willing to go public with their dilemma. I am furious with paying off care credit for three years for a fifteen minute job.

I was in the beginning stages of systematic poisoning when they threw this option onto my lap at the dentists office. I will not pay another cent.

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 120811_pcStrivehappy

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

fitzmart

Hopefully you still have the papers you signed. I would make a complaint through the BBB and your local Chamber of Commerce.

I used Care Credit once, because the dentist said it would be ok. I am covered 100%, and he was trying to cover his own butt. It all worked out, but could of been a pain.

I only had 6 months of no interested. I think the Doctors get a kick back....