I am livid. I opened a CareCredit account to make a purchase (for eyewear) of $800 at Cohen's Fashion Opitical (located in NY) on August 25th, 2012.

I received my first statement yesterday (09/18/12) and found out that not only do I have my $800 balance, but also an additional $1,180 charged on the same aforementioned day. The statement shows the $1,000-something charge was made at a Cohen's Fashion Optical located in a completely different store in NY. I called the erroneous charge store and they said the purchase was made by a long standing customer and that I needed to speak directly with CareCredit. I thought 'how could an account get mixed up in such a way? I haven't even heard of and much less know who this customer these people are talking about?'

Yesterday, I reported the $1,000-something charge as fraud through CareCredit and was told by CareCredit that I will be notified in two months of the conclusion. I shouldn't have to wait that long, in my opinion but...

Lets see what happens. I don't know if I'll ever use CareCredit again, honestly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

I am only 2 months into my account, and I am already so pissed. I signed up for online billing, added their address to my "Safe" list so the emails would come to my inbox, and I never received a statement for my 2nd month.

I get a statement today that I'm past due, and a $25 late fee. I called and all she could do was give me half that fee back.

It's ***, and I'm going to say so all over the internet! I have OUTSTANDING credit and if this late fee screws it up I will shout from the rooftops how awful GE CareCredit is and warn anyone away from it.

ANY time you have dealing's with GE CAPITAL please by all mean's expect the worst.They alway's have some type of scheme going on.IT is really a shame they are still in business.

GECapitalCares

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 092112_pc_RealArtist90**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with your name and phone number; our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,