Burbank, California

After a few years with inactivity, with no notification whatsoever (email or post) they closed my credit card account entirely. This was my longest-standing credit card with a high credit limit and my credit score plummeted -28 points.

I will now have a harder time applying for another credit card to replace this one because the knock on my credit score. My husband is also upset because it will affect our ability to apply for loans for a home, car, or anything else for that matter!

Terrible customer service, long wait times to speak to someone and unjust business practices. Stay away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

ok well i am so glad i am reading this because now i know that everyone that has had this card has had something happen to them., just a note to all of those who had the card and not have lost it like me for not using it, i understand., what really gets me is that when you need it GE will not let you have it again. unreal.. they suck some card, i can see if your late and something happens and they put the screw to you but for those of us that need it like now and have no balance on it and cant even get the card to be reopen how unjust and unamerican,,,, like i said before the banks are crooks.,,

and stingy,

screwed08

Maybe you can call them and explain to them that you'd like to use the card again (even if you really don't intend to) and that you'd like it reactivated? They are known for closing accounts due to inactivity, so keep that in mind, even if you don't need to use it, use it for something to keep it open if that's what you want.

Explain to them that it's not a card you use regularly but it's for emergencies, so you'd like to keep it open regardless of the fact that you don't use it on a regular basis. Hey, can't hurt to see what they say.

jdkalish

And to the person that thinks a drop in your credit score doesn't hurt... :roll

jdkalish

They did the same thing to me...right in the middle of buying a house! The hit to my credit score was 12 points...which will hurt the interested rate I'll pay for the next 30 years.

I called them and got nowhere. Stay away is right!

nikalseyn

Oh, come off it!! A 28 pt.

drop in a credit rating means nothing. They closed out your card because you did not use it. This will NOT affect your ability to apply for loans, etc. Credit scores go up and down all the time.

They are not fixed in place but can change on a daily basis, depending on the credit reporting agency. Stop whining.