Los Angeles, California

My wife took out a loan with G.E. CareCredit (GE) on a 12 month no interest loan.

The address for the account was entered incorrectly by GE and delayed the start of the payments. After finally receiving a delinquency notice, I called GE and was given an apology for their error. I sent up an auto-pay to clear the balance in 12 months. GE pulled the amount from my account for 10 months and then added the interest of $1,100 for exceeding the payment period.

Their reason was their mistake does not let me out of paying within the original 12 month period. Never did they try to notify me of the problem with my pay plan.

I was told today that they have dramatically changed their policies to comply to the changes in consumer credit laws as if that justifies poor customer service and unethical business practices. I guess they were even worse before forced to change so that makes it okay.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

I just got off the phone with GE Care Credit. DON't use these theives.

I had paid my account on time more than the minimum payment. I called in August to ask on what date I had to pay the balance to avoid their userious interest rates. The lady on the phone said October. I didn't look at the statement online because it was on autopay.

I was getting ready to pay the balance on it which was started for payment on October and signed up for the account Sept 9 of the previous year. Then I found that the jerks charged me for the entire other years interest on the previous year because I missed the payment by one month...I missed the terms of the promotional time according to them but according to the records they said I had until October's payment. SO now I am screwed out of 2300 bucks for one month because they are miserable theives who lied to me about the date I was supposed to pay. SO I am going to be their worst night mare.

I am making consumer complaints I am writing to my congressman, senator, I am making a complaint to the Federal Consumer Protection Bureau, I am going to picket them, I am going to make the rue the day they ripped me off. I am mad as *** and I am not going to take it anymore.

You do everything right and they still try to rip you off!! Do yourself a favor,....NEVER USE CREDIT FROM GE.

I know of many people who are going through the same situation. There is a company that offers up to 60 months medical financing with a fixed interest rate.Here's the address: CheckFactor.com/netnurse

I know of many people who are going through the same situation. There is a company that offers up to 60 months medical financing with a fixed interest rate.Here's the link: www.CheckFactor.com/netnurse.html

Nicole

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 032511_ccpc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,