CareCredit - Locked out of GE Captial's [Care Credit] website!
Tried to update my account info [specifically my email address] on CareCredit.com/cardholder.Had my username but not my password.
Clicked "forgot password" - received message: "check your email for a reset link". Ummmm? Wait? What?
You have the wrong email address on file for me. I can no longer access THAT email address! Called GE Capital's [soon be some other bank] customer service #866.893.7864 to update my account. After going through a VERY FRUSTRATING automated phone system, I finally got through to a live rep.
She informed me I was now locked out of their site for 2 hours. Me: "Ummmm? Wait? What?
I'm locked out for 2 hours?
Can you please help me update my email address so I can reset my password?" Rep: "No, only cardholders can update their accounts" Me: "Ummmm...I AM THE CARDHOLDER!" Rep: "In 2 hours go to the "login section" on our website to update your account." Me: "Ummm....AGAIN, I AM UNABLE TO LOGIN TO YOUR WEBSITE AS I DON'T RECALL MY PASSWORD.WHEN YOUR SYSTEM EMAILS ME A RESET LINK, IT GOES TO AN EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS!"
I'm trying to update my account preferences to receive electronic bills in lieu of paper.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Account Update
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On April 7th, 2016, I, Sara Torres, attempted to open an account with a 3rd Party Financial Institution with an opening account balance from a Cash Advance off the Netspend..."
- "I've had the card for about 2.5 years now and maintained good payment history with the exception of one late payment. I got this card when my score was pretty..."
- "I disputed a transaction for 1025.00 in November for non received services. They denied the dispute and said the charge was valid but did not notify me. I found 2..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."