Riverside, California

I used CareCredit to finance my medical expense in 2010 with 18 month interest free loan. After I signed up, a introduction package came, but nothing further explained on the monthly statement.

Every month, they mailed me statement with only the minimum balance and the promotion balance. I had car loans and other loans before, they all listed the monthly payment clearly. At the end of the term on CareCredit, nothing extra was mailed to me. As a matter of fact, they didn't even mail me any statement.

I had to find out from their overdue email. By that time, they already had charged me $1300 finance charge. I felt I'm tricked to pay that amount. First, I paid them every month on time.

If they have divided the total amount by 18 months, I could have paid off the whole loan without any charges. Second, they tricked me by stating my balance as a promotiona balance. On top of that, they stated the deferred interest so hidden. I don't study every statement.

I pay the stated amount. If all of my loans and credit cards are doing this type of statement, I'd be bankrupt.

I am one of the lucky ones, who can still afford to pay this unjusted finance charge in this economy. However, I do think this dishonest company needed to be reported, so that no more victim will be suffered.

Comments

Why is it Care Credit's fault that you don't know basic math? It's super easy, pay off what you borrowed in 18 months.

That's it, end of story. Unfortunately we live in a blame society, it's everyone's fault but yours.

You don't study every statement? Again, who's fault is that?

CandaceNg

Care Credit contacted me and listened to my complaint. At the end, they agreed to refund the interest charge back to me. I greatly appreciated the power of the Pissed Consumer.

CandaceNg

Nicole

We'd like to assist with your concern. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

-The full name associated with the account

-Mailing address associated with the account

-Your contact phone number

-Reference code DM101911CC

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email

Regards,