San Bruno, California

I had Lasik Surgery 2 years ago and financed through Care Credit with no interest for 2 years. So i paid all my payments on time sometimes more than the minimum. So i knew my 2 years just past on April 5th so i thought they would start charging me interest on what my balance was. I checked on the web site to see what my account balance was and i was shocked to find that if i did not pay the amount in full by April 5th they would charge me all the interest rate for the 2 years i had no interest. 1400$ IN interest. I am so discuste with this company. I Sobbed when i saw this, i had no i dea they could do this. I called the company which is GEmoney and the first girl some how i was disconected from then the second lady was so mean to me. I cant even explain how horrible she treated me. I tried to see if i paid the amount in full by borrowing the money from my mom maybe they woul take some of the interest rate off. The lady was so uncompasionate and rude to me. I asked if there was someone else i could talk to and she said "nope" she was a manager, but i could write a letter. So i asked her what i should write in the letter. She said it so sarcasticly " write in the letter how you think we should BEND OUR RULES for YOU, even though we gave you 2 years to pay it off and you did not". The conversation went on and on and she did nothing but be rude to me and proceed to tell me if i did not pay the amount by the end of the month they where going to charge me another 26% on top of that. Then in the back ground there where people laughing and you could tell that she said something to them and they where laughing at my situation. After we hung up the phone i was so upset i called back to speak to another manager she was nicer and apologized for her co workers rudeness but still there was nothing she could do.

SO now i am stuck with this 1400$ interest and more if i dont pay asap.

Do not TRUST this company they are mean deceiving people who are trying to scam you for your money. I am so hurt becasue i am a single mom who barley makes it financialy anyways, and now to top it off i get this new unexpected outrageous bill.

I wanted to post this because i don't want anyone else to fall victim to this company. Please advise your family and friends to beware of these sneaky money cheating people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

I KNEW UP FRONT THAT THE COMPANY WOULD CHARGE INTEREST IF NOT PAID IN 18 MONTHS. TRIED TO SET IT UP ONLINE.

THEY ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE MINIMUM BALANCE NO MATTER WHAT MY ACCOUNT SAYS.

PAYING OFF AND NEVER DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT.

Im glad I didt fill out the form I was about to utill I seen all the views I would rather keep on hurting thanks for comments seems like a scam

I needed some fillings and a broken tooth repaired. The fillings were done first for about $600.00.

I charged them to my Care Credit card to be paid off in 6 months with no interest. That seemed fine. The cost for the broken tooth repair was $1145.00. I set that up to be paid in 24 months with a 14.6% interest rate.

That seemed fine. I noticed that after I made payments after the second charge that most of my payment was applied to the higher charge. I mistakenly thought that the payment would first apply to the first charge. So, I will end up paying a lot of interest on the first charge if I don't pay off the whole thing before the 6 months are up.

Yes, Benji, the agreement contract states that they can apply payments however they want to.

Who but lawyers read these things? I didn't see this mentioned in their fancy brochure or on their website.

If anyone is thinking about getting one of these cards, I would advise against it unless you can pay it off.

i haven't applied for this card yet. I broke my front tooth in half over the week-end the dentist said he couldn't save it and it needs to be pulled out and a bridge put in well then he said he couldn't touch it until he got the 1000.00 dollars they told me I could get financing with credit care but thought I would check it out first maybe that was a good thing!!!

but my tooth is still broken and very embaressing !!! :?

Sorry to say but this is very typical of credit cards that give 0% interest for a period of time. They will charge total initial purchase interest if you do not pay it off by the end of the introduction period.

Knowing this I plan to pay off my account early.

Benji I agree, I used a promotion for no interest if paid off in 12 months. I found it very clear what their fees and interest would be if not paid within the 12 months. I believe they provide all the specific numbers on the monthly bill as well.

I know of many people who are going through the same situation. There is a company that offers up to 60 months medical financing with a fixed interest rate.Here's the link: www.CheckFactor.com/netnurse.html

I was looking into Care Credit, after 5 minutes on their website I was aware of everything you mentioned in this post. You should have done a little research. They're pretty up-front about their high fees.

CareCredit Reviews