My dentist charged me $$893.48 which included a senior discount. Care credit charged me $974.50 which is the fee without the senior discount.

Also never sent me a bill. Went online to get a copy of my bill only to find they were charging me a late fee for a missed payment. Paid off the entire bill as I will never use the card again but they would not tell me what the late fee was so I have to go back on in a few days & pay the late fee separately whatever it may be. Ripping off senior citizens is pretty nasty.

Company tries to take advantage of seniors. Do not use them!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: I do not want my credit showing me as a late payment. A refund would be nice but I'm sure I'll get scammed out of that..

I didn't like: Disreputable practices, Dishonesty.

• Rips Off Seniors

Comments

Inglewood, California, United States #969907

I too had Care Credit for more than 15 years! I had only used the card 4 times and NEVER had a problem paying them off on time.

But my last charge was for about $3200 for dental cost and I agreed to pay them off in about 18 months, interest free, up to February 2015. Well like most things in life several unexpected emergencies and income reduction resulted in my not being able to make the $1600 balance pay off in February so the account was transferred to Synchrony Bank and the total interest of $1300 was added on! Never mind I am a senior who faithfully and timely paid the account off 3 times in 15 years. Never mind that I had a hardship situation occur that resulted in my not being able to make the $1600 payment in February.

I pled hardship and so the account payment was reduced, as was the interest rate, for 12 months! No such luck for seniors to have them to extend the $1300 interest and allow 60-90 days to pay off the entire original $1600! Guess I am just joining the list of people complaining about CARE CREDIT which is fine IF you have NO unforeseeable, uncontrollable financial reversals -- then it's OH WELL, TOO BAD!

Now I am looking for ways to get the extra income to pay off this bill but would NEVER recommend Care Credit again.