Douglas G Pjw

Highway Robbery

Did not know the difference between Zero Interest, which most cards offer, and Deferred Interest. Even though I was making substantial payments over the promotional period, I was hit with a huge interest payment at the end. Still not sure how they did the calculations, especially with payments and new charges to the account.
Cons:
  • Deferred interest rate

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not use this card

Heather W Kkk

ABSOLUTELY MADDENING

For inexplicable reasons my auto pay that ALWAYS pay though my BOA to SYNCHRONY care credit card, suddenly went to the old card. I Know for sure I changed to my new card in bill pay, many months ago and my payments were going to the correct account until suddenly today!

It's Saturday.

My payment went to the OLD account #. The payment is due today.

My payments had been going to the correct account all these months, and suddenly this one went to my OLD account (from when they simply sent a new card # to update my card).

The issue I jad today- is trying to get through to ANY HUMAN. Their system does it's level best to KEEP YOU FROM REACHING ANYONE.

Hung up on me once while waiting. The auto voice keeps taking you to account info.

It keeps doing everthing BUT bringing you to an agent.

It took me over 5 calls to reach somone and by then I was really to lose my mind!

Given THE DUE DATE is today- I HAD to get this fixed.

I explained everthing to the rep when she FINALLY answered.

The rep I spoke to was COLD AS ICE and while she was able to move my payment over to the open version of the account, I asked her to file a complaint about my experience. She said she would, but it was beyond clear she had ZERO intention to do so, so I asked for a copy of the complaint be sent to me. She said they won't do that. I said we'll what are you going to write in my complaint.

She paused ans said, well everthing you expressed. I asked - you don't need any further details. She said no. I said I honestly don't feel you're actually going to file a complaint.

She again was just silent.

That's why I'm here.

To let anyone who cares know- SYNCHRONY gives the WORST customer experience and you may well need mental health services after trying to speak to a representative. I felt like I was being punked- or like I was in a movie - screaming at the automated voice- CUSTOMER SERVICE!

CUSTOMER SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Pros:
  • Good array of credit offerings tjmaxx lowes care credit etc
Cons:
  • Worst customer service possible

User's recommendation: RUN don't walk From SYNCHRONY

Laurie G Aqb

Verified Buyer

HORRIBLE COMPANY

CareCredit - HORRIBLE COMPANY
Original review Apr 02, 2024
I aquired CareCredit in June of 2023 when my puppy ended up with an emergency injury that was super expensive. In the 10 months I have had this account, I missed a payment due to my auto pay bank account being frozen due to a fraudulent charge. Once I realized the auto pay was coming from that account I immediately paid my balance with another account. Even though my account has been in good standings they still closed my account because of that one payment resulting in my credit dropping significantly. This company is absolutely garbage and "CARE" should not even be in their name! STAY AWAY

Amber F Raz

Do not recommend

Do not recommend! I used care credit for my dogs cancer treatment.

I made a payment of 6k so we could have enough to pay for her remaining treatments. We were told it would take 48 hours to post. My account shows the payment was made but they wont give the credit for another 8 days! I need this to pay for my dogs treatments and I cant use it.

If I had known, I wouldnt have made the full payment so I would have enough money to cover. Shame on you care credit!

You have my payment and I should have plenty of funds on the card to cover her next treatments but they wont provide it. Will never use again.

Preferred solution: My available credit

User's recommendation: Do not get

Matt P Zmk

Account closure

A 10-year account in good standing was closed without notice due to inactivity. I just called Care Credit within 30 days to have a procedure put on the account. I was shocked that my account limit went from $12k to $1500. They issued a temporary limit of $3100, which wasn't enough for the procedure. At no time did they mention that this account could be closed. I called customer service within 3 days after the closure. They said I needed to reapply and that they couldn't reinstate the account. This company is ridiculous.

Preferred solution: My account reinstated.

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere

Mike D Cii

They scammed us

We had a balance of $150, and this company tacked on an additional $2500 in fees because of their promotion expiring. We were never informed of any promotion, and we pay more than the required amount on every payment. These people are scam artists!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scams

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't ever sign anything with them!

Resolved
Larry S Jyg

Resolved: Lousy service

Updated by user May 11, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They finally got the available credit where it was supposed to be at and also refunded the interst charges also Tho a cal to the FTC but that got them nopving

Original review Apr 26, 2024
Paid bill they now claim it did not post never alerted about this so paid again then they claim takes 4 days to process my bank shows' it was paid already. they drop you for inactivity at any time
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: avoid these people lioke the plague

Doreen F Tkf

Absolute scam

just started using care credit because I have a lot of rescue pets and in 2 months time several had had major issues. I paid the first payment due along with about $1200 extra in that one lump payment and allocated the extra to a couple of promotional balances.

The purpose was to free up about $1400 of credit to pay for upcoming feral neuters and vet care with a vet that has 18 months deferred. However when 6 days later I went to pay a charge, care credit said I still did not have the available funds. I called and was told you can only pay $1000 at a time or the entire amount gets held for longer so the funds are not available for a total of 11 days in my case. This is an absolute scam.

the rep who took my payment did not tell me that this could happen. I went through a rep to pay the bill so I could allocate to specific balances due. I talked to 2 reps today and no one could fix this. So I want the extra money I paid on the balance due back so I can apply it to my discover card which is where the vet charges had to go.

Or I just want to pay off all $10,000 I owe and never use this horrible business again. They are messing with people's lives and money and that is unacceptable.

Terrible, terrible customer service and business. I intend to contact BBB.

User's recommendation: Do not use

Jill T Uzq

Verified Reviewer

Account closed with no letter, email sent a day AFTER supposed closing

I am very upset with care credit/synchrony bank. I have been a member in my 20's and 30's and NEVER had one problem with your company until my 40's. My husband had a card with you and with NO notice you closed his account. All of a sudden we got an email that it was being closed the day after (dated 4/13) they said they closed it (4/12) with NO NOTICE. Just next level. How can you call yourself 'care credit' when you don't care if an emergency arose and we needed to use your services? I am VERY upset and will be reporting to BBB.

Caitlin G Opv

6 year customer, account closed without notice

I've had an account with carecredit for 6 years, even increased my credit line with them to almost 10 thousand dollars. Less than 4 months later, they closed my account without any notice, for inactivity even though I just increased my limit substantially.

When I called to inquire about my account (I was about to put a large dental procedure on it) I found out my account had been closed. They were so nonchalant saying "I don't know why you weren't notified, but it's closed" and then refused to reopen it, saying I would have to reapply! Every other card I have notifies if the account is up for inactivity and gives 30-90 days to use it to prevent closure. They never notified me via mail or email.

Their interest rate is also absolutely ridiculous. Definitely not worth having let alone using.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Account management
  • Customer service could care less
  • Account handling

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Find a better card, ANY credit card would be better interest rate!

Guest

So just reapply.

doreen f Dqz

Terrible business practices

I explained the event previously in my complaint about how care credit held my payment of 1400 for 11 days before posting it to my account to free up more credit which was the purpose of me paying the 1400 to begin with. I was trying to pay down a few 6 month promotional balances so I could benefit from 18 month deferred interest that was offered at my vet for upcoming expenses I had.

The funds were not available because unbeknownst to me, care credit held my payment for 11 days so the expenses I was going to use it for, had to be paid with my Discover. I think this is a potential law suit. care credit must benefit from the money that they collect and hold for almost 2 weeks from paying customers.

I am just one person but if you add up all the people and all the money that has fallen into this trap, it would be a considerable class action law suit. Forward this to your legal dept.

Preferred solution: Change the policy

Sherry Y Jsq

| map-marker Keller, Texas

Disgusted with CareCredit

I use my card often. I was upgraded to the Mastercard. BEWARE! all of your payments, first go toward promotional charges, not MC charges. Therefore, as long as you have a promo balance, you will pay interest on anything remaining. I have been paying interest on the same $3,000 for over 6 months. Because I have a large size promo that I have been paying off.

User's recommendation: Don't upgrade

andrew D Nqr

Told I would have a promotional 0 interest period

I was told I would have 0 interest charged to my account as long as I paid on time during the promotional period. I was also told I qualified based on the the amount I was charging, I did not notice on the first few statements that I was being charged 26% interest. When I called they denied there was a promotion even though the agreement is stated on their monthly statement.
Cons:
  • Are not honoring the agreement made when the sale was made

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Kevin H Yro

Verified Reviewer

They sent my account to collections when I was paying

I had closed my account because I was getting nowhere in paying off the debt. I was to pay $20/month until the balance was paid off. I did this for about 3 months until the next time I went to pay, they had taken CareCredit off of my account. Now I am getting collection calls saying they sent it to collections. I was paying my bill, so why would they screw me over and send to collections? Now it is messing with my credit and when I call, they bounce me around from person to person.
Pros:
  • Convenience
Cons:
  • Hard to pay off
  • Interest charges

Preferred solution: i would like my account taken out of collections and get my credit report changed.

User's recommendation: Avoid if you can. There are definitely alternatives.

Helena M Lqh

Verified Buyer

Frustrating Staff

CareCredit - Frustrating Staff
The supervisor I spoke to was talking over me more than half the time of our conversation. I called them to resolve an issue with my billing statement, but she was more interested to listen to herself. It seems like she had a bigger issue to resolve than the one I called them for. This institution doesn't have a physical location, and this is the quality of their customer support.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy to apply
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and difficult to get to speak to someone

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Try at your own risk

Elisheva S
map-marker Clifton, New Jersey

Horrible company

Horrible. Destroyed my credit for no reason. My husband died and I missed one payment. They closed my account, so I couldn't pay them online and when I called to ask how to pay they told me the account was closed so I couldn't pay. Then they destroyed my credit because I didn't pay them!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article