OK here's the deal. I, like everyone else, got a Care Credit account to help with medical needs for myself & an emergency with our family dog who was bitten by a really bad spider.

I had the account open for about 4 months when the Thanksgiving holiday came around. Knowing the week would be shortened by 2 days, I mailed a payment that was due on the 23rd on Nov. 11, which gives plenty of time to reach the bank, no matter where they are located. On the 23rd I was charged a late fee of 27.00 & mysteriously, my payment cleared on the 24th.....THANKSGIVING DAY!

I called & asked to question this post date & CS rep told me I didn't mail payment in time. BS! Anything I mail from my house usually arrives anywhere in 3-5 days tops! I proceeded to ask the CS rep if they work on Thanksgiving Day, she said "No", asked how this company could be the only company in America that gets mail delivered on Thanksgiving Day by USPS.

She stated "we don't receive mail on major holidays", but yet my payment cleared on the 24th? A payment that was mailed by way of USPS.

According to my bank, payment cleared my account on the 24th at 2 am, which means they received payment on the 23rd or sooner & posted payment. This is a shady bank & a shady way of ripping people off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments