It used to be that if your pet needed expensive emergency care or any kind of expensive care but you didn't have all the money you needed to pay for it, a veterinarian would either treat the animal first and bill you later, or accept what you had at the time and take installments on the rest. But ever since CareCredit wormed its way into every veterinary practice in the country, vets tell you to apply for CareCredit instead.

But more times than not, CareCredit turns the applicant down or won't extend a big enough credit line. So the poor animals ends up dying. Happened to my cat two weeks ago. Even though I've been a cardholder for nine months and always paid my monthly statements on time, they refused to add another $1600 to my $1700 credit line so my cat could have the emergency life-saving operation he needed.

Even when I cried and explained to them that he would die if he didn't get the surgery--they still refused me. So now my cat is dead. Meanwhile, they're giving money like its going out of style for facelifts and liposuction.

What business does a credit card company or bank have being involved with matters of life or death? They need to take their greedy selves out of the veterinary medicine field because they are literally causing animals to die.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Credit Card.

Comments

I'm sorry about your poor cat. I was just looking into CareCredit to help pay for my dog's cancer treatments, but now I'm worried after reading all of these horrible reviews.

May your poor baby rest in peace. :(

CareCredit Reviews