I had LASIK surgery about 34 mos ago. I was told that i could finance thru Care Credit for 36 mos and pay no interest.

After the surgery I went online at GE money and set up auto payments to pay off my 3000 within 36 mos. I received a notice yesterday to log onto my account and update information. I was shocked to find that I still owe 2200. When I called care credit they told me that my financing was only for 24 mos and when the balance wasn't paid in full, I had to pay accrued interest from the date of financing at the usarious rate of 22% .

This is insane. I dont know how I was told 36 mos but somehow aplied for 24mos, but had I been notified that my loan was coming due at 24 mos., I certainly would have paid it off then. A year ago, I would have only owed 1000.

Now, after paying 3000 in payments to Care Credit, I still owe 2200. I am definately pissed and do not know what recourse I have.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carecredit Account.

Comments

GECapitalCares

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 060812_pc_AnonNJ**

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com and provide your name and phone number so we can call you directly to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regard,

Nicole

GE Capital

Had problems with Care Credit years ago through out dentist office. Same thing.

So much for an "Interest Free" loan. We paid it off a soon as we could and closed that account. Everytime the dentist office told us we could finance a service, we told them no way ! !

Have told everyone we know to stay away from Care Credit.

That's how they make their money. No concern over the phone.